1. Why should I join IIRM?
IIRM is an initiative of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI. The management board of the Institute is headed by the chairman of IRDAI. The Institute is therefore based on solid foundation and is in a position to offer quality education.
2. Whom to contact for Distance Learning Courses?
Shri NVDS Raju, Head of Distance Education, email@example.com.
3. If I join a course of the Institute what academic help would I get?
Each student admitted to a Course of the institute will be provided with study material and also a list of reference books to be consulted.
4. If I join the program of IIRM what other help would I get (in addition to the reading material) from the institute?
IIRM conducts contact classes in each semester for the benefit of students. To avail of this benefit, you have to register your name sufficiently in advance. Only those who have registered their names would be permitted to attend the contact classes organized by the Institute. We support the candidates in clarifying their doubts through email.
5. What are Accreditations?
IIPGD courses are accredited by CII, London, III, Mumbai and IRM, London. After successful completion of IPG Diploma from IIRM, candidates are eligible for DIP CII from CII, London provided they write 1 subject at CII Diploma level. As per the recent policy changes CII would be granting a maximum of 140 credits leading to DIP CII. Similarly, the candidates would also be eligible for AIII from III, Mumbai provided they comply with requisite rules. In respect of IRM, London the candidates are eligible for CIRM Certificate / title (Certificant of Institute of Risk Management, London) by registering with them. The accreditation eligibility criteria are subject to changes as per the policies of the respective agencies detailed above.
6. Where should I appear for Dip CII examinations ?
CII London conducts examinations twice in a year at several centers spread all over the globe. Since IIRM is an accredited institution of CII, it is chosen as one of the Exam Centers for Dip CII examinations. Therefore you can appear Dip CII examinations at IIRM campus, Hyderabad.
7. What Courses are offered by the Institute under distance mode?
IIRM offers three Courses : 1. International Post graduate Diploma in Life Insurance (IPGDLI) and 2. International Post graduate Diploma in General Insurance (IPGDGI) and 3.International Post Graduate Diploma In Risk Management (IPGDRM)
8. What is the duration of these courses? How many subjects should I pass to obtain PG Diploma?
6 months. All PG Diploma Programmes are slated for testing twice yearly i.e., May/June & October/November. You have to study 6 subjects in all. You should pass all 6 subjects with at least 55% marks in each subject to enable you obtain PG Diploma from the Institute. The maximum time allowed is 6 consecutive examination chances i.e., 3 years.
9. How can I know that I am eligible for admission to these Courses?
To be eligible for the distance Courses of the Institute, you should have minimum Graduate degree in any discipline (including Engg / Management ). Candidates with professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS are also eligible.
10. What are the criteria for selection of candidates for admission?
3 years Graduate degree holder from any recognized university is eligible for applying (or) 10+2+3 year of study. And also pass in professional courses like C.A., ICWAI & CS.
11. Where should I appear for my Exams if I join IIRM programme?
All Exams of the Institute are conducted at IIRM campus ,Hyderabad and you have to make your own travel and accommodation arrangements to attend them.
12. If I fail to secure 55% in any particular subject what should I do?
IIRM conducts re-sit Exams for those who score less than 55% in a subject which is the pass-mark.
13. How many chances will I get to pass the failed subjects?
You have to complete the course in all respects within a period of three years commencing from the year of enrolment i.e. in six consecutive examination chances. The institute conducts Exams twice a year - in May and November.
14. Is there any Placement Facility for distance students?
IIRM do not offer any placement service for distance learning candidates.
15. Is there any provision for revaluation of Answer Scripts?
There is no provision for revaluation / recounting of answer scripts as per IIRM rules. Abundant care is taken while tabulating the marks / results.